Boho Jewelry – Beading Contest
May is all about boho style jewelry here at Beadaholique, so the perfect theme for our next contest is—you guessed it—boho jewelry! This earthy free-flowing style is characterized by organic textures, intricate patterns, natural materials, and lots of layers. Think gemstones, wood and clay beads, tassels, fringes, insects, birds, and more.
To enter the contest, submit your own original design showcasing the boho aesthetic. If you’re not 100% sure what this means or need some inspiration, visit the Beadaholique Boho Style Boutique for product recommendations and design ideas. Be sure to send us a clear, well-lit photo of your finished piece by 4PM PT Tuesday, June 9th. Finalists will be chosen and posted on our Facebook for public voting starting Wednesday, June 10th through the 17th. Finalists will also be featured in the next issue of The Beading Wire going out Thursday, June 11th.
Two winners, one domestic and one international, will each receive a $100 Beadaholique gift certificate and further exposure on our blog, website and in another issue of The Beading Wire. An Editor’s Pick chosen from the remaining finalists will receive a $50 gift certificate.
Rules/How to Enter:
Email us a clear, in focus, well-lit photo of a beading project completely of your own design which fits our theme and uses one or more products which can be found at Beadaholique (does not have to be bought from Beadaholique). Email one photo, at least 500 px in width or height, to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not use this for questions; simply leave a comment on this entry) with the following included in your email:
Subject line: Name of Piece (Example: Woodstock Inspired Bangle)
Body: Very important! In the body of your email, make sure to include the following:
- full name—required
- email address—required
- country of residence—required
- optional: a brief description of your piece
Attachment: Don’t forget to attach your photo. To maintain a level of fairness with all entries, your photo should not be a collage and should only show one shot/angle of your piece. No text, logos or watermarks please.
- Tuesday, June 9 @ 4PM PT: Last day to submit.
- Wednesday, June 10: Finalists will be posted on our Facebook and notified via email. Public voting starts.
- Thursday, June 11: Finalists will be featured in the next issue of The Beading Wire sent to the entire Beadaholique email list.
- Wednesday, June 17 @ 4PM PT: Voting ends. Winners will be notified via email within 2 business days and featured in the next issue of The Beading Wire.
Other Rules—Updated 03/2014:
One entry per person. If you send more than one entry, you may be disqualified. Your photo should not be a collage and should only show one shoot of your piece. If your entry does not meet the “Rules/How to Enter” stated above, you may be disqualified. Winner must respond to our email notification within 2 weeks to claim gift certificate. No one person may win more than once every 12 months (excluding Editor’s Choice). By entering, you retain the rights to your original jewelry design but are giving Beadaholique, Inc. permission to use your submitted photo(s) on our websites, newsletter, Facebook, blog and other properties. For consistency and fairness, watermarks and other text or logos will be edited out of photos. We encourage finalists to promote their business, store or website in the comments for their entry, though please limit it to just one link/promotional comment. The terms and conditions that apply to all Beadaholique contests and giveaways also apply here.
- Send in a large, clear, and well-lit photo.
- Try to use natural light to illuminate your photos.
- Double check to make sure that your full name and email address are included in the body of your email. We continue to receive submissions with no contact information.