Have you heard of the Bead Soup Blog Party? It's a very clever idea by Lori Anderson of Pretty Things. Bead Soup is a bead exchange with a beader somewhere else in the world. You then take these beads and make a unique piece of jewelry with your own style and flare to it. What's fun is that you might receive beads which you would not have chosen for yourself and this will push your art in a new direction. In the end, all the participants get to see each other's creations via blogs. Here's how it works:
- First, you must have a blog
- Next, you let Lori know you are interested and provide her with the information she needs.
- Put together a party pack of a focal bead, some coordinating beads, and a special clasp.
- Lori will then send you the information and address of a beader elsewhere in the world which you will send your party pack to.
- Shortly, you will receive a party pack from someone else.
- You take pictures of the beads (post them on your blog) and then create something unique with them and post those pictures on your blog too.
- On September 17th, there will be a list of blogs to check out which have participated and the blog hop will begin!
For a more indepth explanation, visit Lori's blog. Even if you are not able or wanting to participate, it is still fun to look at all the creations and blog hop on September 17th.
If you do not have a blog, this would be a great idea to do with your fellow crafty friends. Then after all the beads have been sent around and jewelry has been created, host a party where everyone brings their creations. Have a night filled with show and tell, laughter, and inspiration.